Marketing Data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to our operations and growth. The Lead Analyst role will play a critical role in driving our core marketing measurement, and strategic initiatives. They will work closely with Marketing, Data Engineering, Data Architecture, Subscriber and Content Analytics to drive tools, optimizations, and key business insights. The ideal candidate has a passion for digital and linear media landscapes and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of each step in the marketing journey. They will design innovative approaches turning data into information, information into insights and insights into data-enabled business decisions that steer the strategic direction of our company. The ideal candidate has exceptional analytical abilities, thrives in a fast-pace environment, has a demonstrated ability to solve business problems and has a natural ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively.
• Build data models, data visualizations and automated analytics that operationalize insights across the business
• Create, deliver and continuously improve our business measurement solutions
• Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities
• Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to define and understand key enterprise KPIs and business metrics
• Use internal and external analytics tools and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
• Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria and/or aggregations
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications and explain complex analysis simply through informative and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business goals
• Drive the development of prioritized analytics solutions including problem definition, solution design and execution
• Build intuitive presentations, interfaces, infographics and visualizations to create a data-driven narrative in partnership with our Strategic Planning and Marketing stakeholders
• Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
• Provide technical mentorship and career development to supporting team members and work to retain top talent by building career paths and nurturing growth
• 5+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or R/Python
• Proficiency with SQL
• High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Datorama, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow, Tableau
• Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
• Experience with creating, executing and analyzing complex AB/MVT test constructs in order to test stakeholder hypotheses
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
• Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
• Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer acquisition data sets
• Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
• Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Thoughtspot or Looker. It's a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret marketing acquisition information
• Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
• Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
• Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7k018-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.