Associate Software Engineer
New York, NY
The Disney Bundle is an important pillar of Disney's streaming service offerings. We are looking for a Lead Data Analyst to join the Core Growth analytics team and spearhead ongoing efforts to better understand subscriber growth and identify future opportunities through analysis and reporting. They will act as the Disney Bundle analytics leader and coordinate among Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ analytics, product and engineering teams. In addition to focusing on driving customer growth and engagement through measurement, analysis, and insight generation, they will also support operational analytics needs. Ultimately, they will be involved in improving business results through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis and fast-paced execution with an emphasis on driving actionable business recommendations.
The Subscriber Analytics function masters exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of driving business decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This team collaborates cross-functionally across the Disney Streaming Services organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company to generate insightful, compelling and strategic analysis and plans. Product, Marketing, Engineering and Analytics teams will be your partners to execute on innovative methods and best-in-class practices that power all of our improvements. The team's work will drive the development of business and operational plans that are expected to have broad influence at all levels of the organization.
• Create, deliver and continuously improve our Disney Bundle business measurement solutions. Ask good questions, generate hypotheses.
• Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of the Disney Bundle across the platforms. When a metric is ahead of or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
• Facilitate coordination and communication across teams (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, analytics, Product, Engineering) focused on maintaining and growing the Disney Bundle business
• Understand the systems and business processes that populate critical systems with data
• Analyze and report key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
• Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
• Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance
• Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria and/or aggregations
• Build intuitive presentations, interfaces, infographics and visualizations to tell stories with data
• Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
• 7+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or Python
• Proficiency with SQL
• High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
• Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
• Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
• Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
• Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer data sets, including subscriber acquisition and retention metrics
• Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
• Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker. It's a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
• Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
• Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
• Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.