This is a key leadership role that partners with the Executive Producer, Art Director Line Producer, Production and Creative Executives to execute the creative vision of the series. The Character Design Lead will work directly with the team to ensure a quality and consistency of style throughout the series.
• Work closely with the Art Director to review scripts and storyboards and for characters that need to be designed for each episode. Flag complexity issues as they arise.
• In collaboration with the Executive Producer and Art Director, set the visual style of the series, creating conceptual and production artwork.
• Ensure that the high quality and style of show established by the Executive Producer and Art Director is achieved and maintained.
• Further the storytelling process by developing the look, personality and feel of characters.
• Capture the personality and life of a character with their design and attire.
• Create turnarounds, special poses, mouth charts and expression sheets and provide a clean pass of the final approved design.
• May oversee the Character Design team, delegating work and monitoring their schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
• Communicate and problem-solve with vendor animation studio.
• 5-7 years of experience in artistic animation production.
• Experience leading a team preferred.
• Ability to design and create a variety of characters, turnarounds, mouth charts, expression sheets and special poses.
• Experience working with oversees vendor studios.
• A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film is essential.
• Knowledge of drawing software that includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and 3D technology, where applicable.
• Ability to align with style and sensibility of show.
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists.
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vv55-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.