Disney Lawyers in Film Training (D-LIFT) Program 2024
The Studio Legal Affairs Disney Lawyers in Film Training (D-LIFT) Program provides recent law school graduates with an opportunity to be mentored by Studio Content attorneys, participate in business and leadership development training, and get hands-on experience on legal matters arising during the course of motion picture development and production with Walt Disney Pictures and 20th Century Studios for theatrical and streaming content, and other original content in support of various studio initiatives.
June 2024 - August 2024:
Participants are engaged on a part-time basis, working remotely 3-4 hours per week, primarily participating in studio immersion sessions and mentoring while preparing to take the Bar on their own time. The summer period culminates in a two-week full-time intensive studio legal affairs training program.
September 2024 - November 2024:
Participants working remotely full time, while awaiting the results of their Bar Exam. Responsibilities include:
• Assisting attorneys by doing research, proofreading and some drafting
• Participating in business and leadership development sessions
• Meeting regularly with assigned mentor for additional 1:1 development
December 2024 - June 2025:
Participants continue the program (based on successful bar exam results), with expanded responsibilities, on a hybrid (in person and remote) basis with in person required starting in January, 2025.
The D-LIFT program is a full-time entry-level program designed to provide recent law school graduates interested in the film industry a unique learning experience within the different areas of Studio Legal Affairs. D-LIFT Associates will participate in work and development opportunities designed to build and enhance key technical and leadership skills necessary to succeed with the many areas of Studio Legal. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be considered for various opportunities within the Legal Affairs team at Disney Studios Content and the broader Walt Disney Company.
• Intend to take a California Bar Exam in July 2024
• Rising 3L, graduating in May/June 2024
• Previous professional experience, ideally working in a law office or studio/media company, including internships
• Desire for a career in the entertainment business, specifically motion picture production
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage confidential information Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment
• Capable of managing changing priorities & deadline pressure
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Available part-time (4 hours/week) from June 2024 and then full-time from mid-August 2024 through June 2025
• Ability to relocate to the Los Angeles area not later than January 1, 2025
The pay rate for this internship in California is $41.40 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2j83-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.