Strategy & Business Operations Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's Finance team is seeking an Analyst, Subscription Finance who will be an exceptional addition to our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group. In this role, you will support Hulu's business growth through driving an integrated understanding of our subscriber profitability and customer lifecycle, as well as become a master of running a subscription-based business and drive leading-edge insight into its financial management. The right person for this role has proven experience supporting and driving executive decision making based on rigorous economic analysis, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, is an outstanding communicator, and sets a high bar for him/herself. If you are someone seeking a critical role where you will drive and influence commercial decision making across a highly successful, fast growing technology company, then this is a great role for you.
• Support Hulu's rapid business growth by establishing a thorough understanding of our subscriber economics and how they drive our overall business performance
• Identify and help implement new ways to retain and engage our existing subscriber base, working closely with both the marketing and product organizations to amplify user engagement and mitigate churn
• Support our pricing, promotions, and go-to-market decision making through meticulous economic analysis
• Analyze potential deals with distribution and wholesale partners and formulate actionable recommendations on how to structure, price and close respective deals
• Build accurate budgets and forecasts for our subscription business to steer the company's top-level decision making and align targets with other teams across the organization
• Work cross-functionally with key partners in Marketing, Research, Analytics and Product to develop business insights that uncover subscriber growth levers and opportunities to improve customer value
• Develop and present recommendations to senior management, informing Hulu's commercial decision making
• Independently identify and pursue areas of analysis that will offer insights and result in actionable recommendations
• 1-3 years of professional experience with demonstrated success in driving and influencing economic decision making
• Prior experience in a consulting firm, investment bank or other high-intensity work environment is a plus
• Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or another quantitative field
• Exceptional analytical abilities and proficiency in SQL, MS Excel and PowerPoint
• High level of curiosity and self-motivation in digging deeper into data and trends and driving actionable insights
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate, high-quality work
• Highly competent in quantitative analysis and utilizing data to drive and support executive decision-making
• A high sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task
• Experience in media, tech or with subscription business models
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22je5-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.