The editor/producer for our daily newsletter suite will work in partnership with the Director of Newsletters to coordinate, create and execute one of our top subscription-driving products at National Geographic Media. The ideal candidate will work across all editorial teams, as well as other departments at National Geographic, including National Geographic Society and National Geographic Channel, to help curate, write, edit, and produce six editorial newsletters weekly. We're looking for an organized, deadline-driven and future-embracing journalist to be the deputy for this cornerstone product!
• Assisting the newsletter director in: curating, writing articles, copy editing and production of daily editorial newsletters
• Recommending news stories for daily newsletters
• Writing and editing parts of newsletter content as necessary
• Building newsletters for distribution via email
• Collaborating with the newsletter marketing team to track proofs and ensuring quality assurance daily
• Help strategize on subscriber growth and in hitting other key performance indicators
• Serving as a backup to the newsletter editor when needed
• Demonstrating solid judgment in component placement
• Maintaining positive relations with editorial, marketing, and related segments of Nat Geo, NGS, and Disney
• Three or more years related experience editing and producing digital content is a must
• Clean writing skills, detail-oriented and flexible to last-minute changes
• Can-do attitude that aligns with business goals set by the department head
• Proficiency in copy editing and knowledge of AP Style is also required
• Previous work in a fast-paced editorial environment with a deep understanding of digital best practices, preferably for email platforms, will be favored.
• Basic HTML, digital content management in various publishing systems, and the capability to use Adobe products is also preferred.
• Knowledge of marketing and analytics tools a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9kb34-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.