Director, Events (Disney Branded Television)
Disney Branded Television creates stories and characters that bring the legacy of Disney to life for some of our most cherished audiences: kids and families. As a key leader on the Communications and Publicity team, the Director of Events will be responsible for bringing the magical content of Disney Junior, Disney Channel, and Disney+ to vibrant life through innovative, immersive events and experiences, including premieres and red carpet screenings, fan experiences, FYC events, employee events, and participation at festivals and conventions.
The ideal candidate will have a background in producing high-profile events from large-scale global premieres to custom experiences, excellent relationships with top-notch creative and technical vendors, and a history of coming in on strategy, on time and on budget.
With shows ranging from SuperKitties to Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the possibilities are endless for someone who is dynamically creative, detail-oriented, and has a strong passion for the Disney brand – and for reaching target audiences with innovative, compelling, and buzzy experiences.
• Lead the strategic development, planning and production of all external and internal events for the kid- and family-focused content produced by Disney Branded Television for Disney Junior, Disney Channel, and Disney+.
• Develop and direct the work of external event & creative agencies and vendors, as well as various internal teams across The Walt Disney Company.
• Strategically partner with PR & Communications stakeholders to ensure event concepts reflect top priorities and strategic planning.
• Utilize strong skills to ensure positive interactions with senior leadership, internal and external partners, producers and talent.
• Develop and manage large-scale project budgets including the ability to develop accurate cost estimates as well as overseeing vendor contract negotiations, setup & ongoing management.
• Develop cost-effective production strategies that employ both proven and new creative industry trends that engage, inform, influence, entertain, and delight.
• Oversee & present project recaps to senior leadership.
• Evaluate, monitor, and report on event performance and ROI to demonstrate impact and inform future events.
• 10+ years experience producing high-profile events including large-scale global premieres and custom experiences at a major media network, studio and/or global agency.
• Experience working with high-profile legacy IP, crafting event strategies with very specific audiences in mind in a way that speaks directly to them.
• Proven ability to work effectively across the full lifecycle of event execution from creative vision to rapid development and seamless execution.
• Established relationships with top-notch creative and technical vendors.
• Endlessly creative, detail-oriented, and passionate about
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Extremely self-directed individual who is capable of managing heavy work-load, decision-making and discretion.
• Advanced knowledge of the event and entertainment industry's trends, practices, and terminology in order to maximize reach and relevancy to the audience.
• Experience working with entertainment brands preferred.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $123,000 to $165,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About National Geographic:
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business we call National Geographic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7oq3q-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.