We are looking for a Director of Engineering Data Insights to build a team to identify and drive key engineering initiatives that improve Disney Streaming's engineering ecosystem. You will be a crucial member of the Ecosystem Reliability Engineering team. Ecosystem Reliability Engineering reports directly to Disney Streaming's CTO and is responsible for improving the reliability, performance, and user experience across Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu.
This is an opportunity to build and lead a team of engineers to optimize the user's experience through analyzing Disney Streaming's entire ecosystem. The analysis and insights your team creates will help drive engineering initiatives and priorities.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong people manager; great at giving and receiving feedback, fostering new ideas, and empowering others. You also need a robust data analysis background, be a quick and data-driven learner, have proven data engineering and system design skills, and the ability to lead large multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be able to lead and inspire others, while having a strong background in distributed data processing, have great and demonstrable data intuition, be knowledgeable about best practices, and share our passion for continuously improving the ways we use data to make the Disney Streaming better.
Who You Are:
• Passionate about intuitive data models and an expert in distributed data processing patterns
• Comfortable with complex SQL or similar data syntax
• Experience with Databricks and Snowflake
• Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into executable data analysis
• Excited about operating independently, demonstrating engineering excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks to improve our customer experience by harnessing data
• Recruiting: You are constantly on the lookout for talent and have a knack for recognizing and attracting top-tier members to your team. You understand the importance of building an amazing team and the value it brings to the overall company.
• Feedback & Development: You will coach and guide employees through their strengths and weaknesses through regular feedback.
• Vision: You intuitively understand business, analytics, and technology, and you leverage that to guide a team by providing relevant context and inspiration.
• Partnership: You will continue to establish strong relationships with both business and technical leaders across Disney Streaming.
• 9+ years of experience in an engineering, data analysis, solution architect, or similar role
• 5+ years of experience managing a team
• Familiarity with SDLC processes
• Strong analytical skills and innate curiosity to troubleshoot and dive deep into complex technical issues, underscoring iteration to identify insights and communicate them effectively to senior leadership
• High familiarity with recent data platforms such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Datadog, Splunk
• Past experience using data and analytical skills to derive key performance insights in a complex ecosystem
• Past experience of identifying key value drivers in a direct to consumer application.
• Excellent written and verbal executive communication
• Minimum two years of experience in streaming industry, knowledge of client and server side architecture a plus
• 3+ years of Python, Spark, Pyspark or Scala
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
• Master's degree in computer science or equivalent and 10 or more years of related experience in application development and Data Analytics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8x6b-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.