Director Direct-to-Consumer, Benelux
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company's Direct to Consumer (DTC) streaming video entertainment service. The service consists of long form and short form video built around five marquee studio brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic), together with Star under which we group the best of our general entertainment content. Star features a wide range of exclusive new original and library TV series and movies from our portfolio of studios including ABC Studios, Fox Television, FX, Freeform, 20th Century Studios and Searchlight, as well as local acquisitions and forthcoming local original series. Disney+ has a recognizable, appealing and easy to use interface accessed across multiple platforms including TVs, mobile devices, and gaming consoles.
Overview of the Role
The role is responsible for overseeing and leading the local Disney+ business in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. This is done in-market through a matrix organisation in close co-operation with marketing and programming and the various EMEA stakeholders. The Director Direct-to-Consumer directly leads the trading organisation, subscriber acquisition and customer retention.
• Build, lead, develop and motivate a local D+ Benelux organization while providing development opportunities and building a positive and high-performance team culture, while most D+ colleagues are not your direct reports.
• Oversee the Disney+ business in BENELUX aligning all brand marketing, PR, subscriber acquisition, engagement, CRM, content, merchandise & data workstreams in alignment with the local D+ team, studio marketing & content teams.
• Own the local Disney+ subscriber planning, including the preparation, presentation and analysis of forecasts, targets and annual/ long-range plans.
• Initiate strategical year plans in alignment with all local stakeholders and present to senior executives.
• Track and analyse trading numbers on a daily and weekly basis (sign-ups, churn, net growth, subscribers, etc.) and provide insights to key stakeholders on short-, mid- and long-term opportunities and risks.
• Drive action plans with all workstreams to improve business results on brand management, subscriber acquisitions, engagement, churn or content within an optimised spend of budget and resources.
• Oversee all local analysis and prioritization of activities on data and business insights, with local analysts and data science teams in EMEA and US.
• Understand and explain the input metrics and drivers of growth to help maximise ROI to all teams and stakeholders.
• Be the main point of contact for EMEA/US stakeholders on questions regarding BENELUX D+ performance, with the ability to understand and explain business results, planning assumptions and commercial trends.
• Extensive and relevant work experience in a similar, highly data-driven role (e.g. Marketing, Business or Strategy), preferably in a digital-native consumer business.
• Excellent analytical skills, able to understand, develop and enhance complex financial or data modelling and planning infrastructures.
• Strong business understanding, thereby able to help develop, quantify, and articulate strategies and tactics that drive incremental growth.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with the ability to synthesise detailed information into succinct and actionable recommendations in presentations to senior executives.
• Outstanding people management skills.
• Self-motivated and focused on delivery, with a strong work ethic, able to prioritise and resolve multiple issues simultaneously.
• Collaborative mind-set and able to navigate and build trust in a complex organisation.
• A strong team player mentality, able to form and lead teams outside of own direct reports.
The Walt Disney Company Benelux BV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
This position is with TWDC (Benelux) BV, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (EMEA).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g44p3q-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.