Director, Development (Disney TV Animation)
Disney Branded Television is looking for a Director, Development to join the Disney Television Animation team.
• Drive all aspects of development of new animation properties for both 6 to 14 and family audiences from concept through pilot delivery to series greenlight. Work with show creators to build worlds, flesh out characters, develop story engine, and establish design.
• Exceptional creative skills with regard to evaluating and giving direction on pitches, scripts, storyboards, visual development, rough cuts, casting, music and mixes. Strong sense of story and story structure. Comfortable with formal written and verbal story notes.
• Closely partner with development production daily and demonstrate a strong understanding of the production process.
• Collaborate with Casting, Music, Legal and Finance departments throughout the development process.
• Deepen DTVA reach into the animation community by finding and bringing new talent into the studio. Has established trusted relationships with talent, agents and industry executives within both the animation and live-action TV and feature space.
• Represent DTVA's creative point of view, uphold network standards and production guidelines on all projects.
• 6+ years' experience in development and/or current series production
• Proven knowledge of story and script structure
• Passionate about animation and family programming
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Deep industry contacts to artists, agents, writers, filmmakers and executives
• Proven networking capabilities with professional organizations, creative groups, alumni associations and interest in building strong relationships within TWDC
• Strong presentation skills
• Positive attitude and ability to be flexible and multitask in a fast-paced and non-static environment
• Proven ability to solve problems and interact with a wide variety of personalities
• Ability to travel
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in media, film or theatre, or equivalent work experience
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8e6z-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.