Corporate Strategy & Business Development (CSBD) is responsible for developing strategies to drive long-term growth for the company. CSBD team works closely with the leaders of all businesses to drive and support strategy development and execution.
We seek a candidate with experience in management consulting and advisory in the field of investment banking, corporate development or private equity. This role requires strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent team work, effective communication in both English and Japanese, as well as the ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of business and functional teams within TWDC.
• Develop the overall Japan strategy supported by in-depth market assessment and data analysis while working closely with all LOBs/Functions
• Strategize TWDC's Five-Year planning process for Japan
• Evaluate M&A and partnership opportunities in light of the local strategy
• Support strategy execution and organizational transformation
• Create compelling and persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives
• Provide guidance, advice and analytical support on strategy for all LOBs including DTC and theatrical businesses in the local market
• Create strategic value-added analysis around growth opportunities, retention levers and core business metrics in order to drive better decisions and results
• Define the development and execution of key growth initiatives
• Track, compile, analyze and extract insights from key data needed to inform business strategies, such as industry trends, competitive analysis, and research to inform business strategies
• Continue to partner with all streams in DTC business to drive future strategies and build efficiencies
Professional Qualifications and Experiences
• A Master's degree (MBA from a top business school with 6+ years of post-MBA experience)
• Experience in management consulting and advisory on the field of investment banking, corporate development or private equity (required)
• At least 10 years of experience in analytical positions at top tier strategy consulting firms or Corporate Strategy
• A high level of familiarity with digital platform – SVOD
• Strong understanding of media and content landscape in Japan
• Project management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
• Solid experience in stakeholder management
• Preferably comes with relevant experience in digital space or e-commerce players/platforms
• Ability to influence, persuade and engage in communication at all levels of the organization
• Outstanding project management skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent teamwork capabilities
• Ability to think pragmatically and ability to drive executions
• Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including senior executives
• Strong problem solving, analytical and numerical skills
• Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities
• Good cultural sensitivity
• Champion of Change
This position is with TWDC (Japan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxjxn4-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.