Product Manager, Delivery
New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services is an environment for the creative and the bold. We're seeking talent across disciplines to join our team to help build a world class live media streaming platform that spans the globe.
The Instrumentation Engineering team, which is responsible for global platform monitoring, metrics & alerting is hiring. We are looking for Jr/Mid Level candidate with a keen interest in monitoring, metrics and how they power the Disney+ platform.
Infrastructure engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining our on-premise logging and telemetry infrastructure while also providing support for our internal infrastructure, operations, and development teams. The Infrastructure engineer should have an intimate knowledge with logging platforms and time series databases as well as a firm understanding of core networking concepts, hardware and virtualization, automation, programming and scripting. Experience will full stack development a plus.
Candidates should ideally have 2 years of experience in the field.
If you think you can apply your skillset to some, or all of the following, we would love the opportunity to speak with you!
• You will be working primarily as a development engineer with some linux system management
• Work with the team to develop and maintain applications and services that make up the IE platform
• Monitor existing systems to ensure performance integrity
• Prioritize workloads to align with the needs of development & launch cycles
• Tackle ad-hoc operational tasks on a day-to-day basis
• Improve automation workflows
• Be able to perform independently as well as collaboratively with the team as well as other teams within the organization
• Manage & maintain DBMS such as kafka, influxdb, Cassandra
• Most of all, be excited to help build & grow the industry leading global streaming services powered by DSS
• Experience with Enterprise linux
• Experience with Elasticsearch, open source or enterprise
• Experience with logstash or filebeats
• Experience with time series databases and metric collection, influxdb a plus
• Understanding of log filtering and data parsing
• Experience with API management and crud
• Familiarity with sql or nosql databases
• Experience with kafka or other event streaming platforms
• Experience with ansible or other automation suites
• Knowledgeable with basic networking concepts (DNS, HTTP/S, IPv4/6)
• Comfortable with bash and python, C++, rust & golang is a plus
• Familiar with building dashboard and visualizations within kibana, grafana or equivalent
• Experience with containerization, k8s a plus
• Experience working with modern version control (git)
• Experience working with project tracking applications (jira)
• Solid understanding of data structures & algorithims
• Previous DBA experience a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills a must
• Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
• Ability to work independently with external teams a must
• Exposure to streaming media technical practices a plus
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.