The Walt Disney Company Direct to Consumer's (DTC) Data Science team combines deep data analysis and research of our rich user data to present a compelling vision around user retention and preferences across the vast ecosystem of our product offerings and content. We are the insights and modeling partners for the content, marketing, product, and engineering teams at Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. As Data Scientists, we use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. If you are someone who loves to work cross-functionally, build models, perform statistical analysis, and create visualizations to provide scalable and iterative capabilities, then this is a phenomenal role for you!
What you'll do
• This role will be integral to maintaining and improving email personalization models and pipelines, in addition to modeling engagement and content affinity.
• Modeling: Apply innovative machine learning and statistical analysis to develop models related to opportunity sizing, targeting, and optimization.
• Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
• Visualization of Insights: Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, and robust analytics leading to impactful insights communicated clearly and visually.
• Partnership: Partner closely with business team members to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, data visualization, experimentation and data architecture.
What to bring
• Bachelors or Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Statistics)
• 3+ related experience with developing machine learning models and conducting statistical analysis
• Deep understanding of machine learning concepts and statistical methods
• Ability to draw insights and conclusions from data to advise model development and business decisions
• Desire to collaborate with other data scientists, data analysts, and key business partners
• Proficient in analyzing data and developing ML models using Python (with ML frameworks like tensorflow, scikit-learn, etc.)
• Capable of reading and writing Object-Oriented code to review and implement modeling pipelines (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
• Understanding of SQL and distributed data technologies (Hive, Spark)
Nice to haves
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Physics or related quantitative field (e.g. Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research)
• Solid understanding of Bayesian modeling and familiarity with probabilistic programming packages/language such as Stan, PyMC
• Experience fully integrating data science solutions into the business and operationalizing Machine Learning models
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $112,586 to $151,030 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x4ym-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.