Data Scientist (PH)
Our mission is to innovate and create experiences that delight, engage, and retain our guests on Disney+, Hulu, Star+, ESPN and ABC. We build foundational platforms that enable us to scale experiences with guest volume and the diversity of use cases across our brands. This team drives personalization and connects consumer and content data across Sports & Entertainment. We develop ML algorithms, recommendation engines, and AB testing platforms that support the business's ever-growing need for delivering personalized experiences and achieving measurable results. Role In this role you will partner with our dynamic, interdisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to help create and manage datasets, conduct data exploration and feature engineering, develop and deploy models, build data visualization and analysis dashboards, and conduct AB tests.
• Translate business problems into an actionable data science project
• Present analyses and models in a clear, easy to understand manner
• Develop, deploy, and support models
• Build reports and real-time dashboards for our stakeholders
• Develop statistical experiments and analyzing the results
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data
• Participate in data validation efforts
• Data discovery and exploration tasks
• Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
• Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
• Bachelor's degree in degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, data science, mathematics, economics, etc.) Master's degree preferred.
• 3+ years of work experience in data science, statistics, or predictive analytics
• Deep knowledge of statistical principles and underlying data assumptions on which they rely
• 1+ year hands-on experience with at least 2 of the following: recommendation systems, deep learning, reinforcement learning, churn modeling, subscriber growth modeling, clustering/segmentation, etc.
• Understanding of software development lifecycle
• Experience working with Python, SQL and other coding languages
• The ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with large-scale distributed data processing systems, cloud infrastructure such as AWS or GCP, and container systems such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Snowflake Preferred Qualifications:
• Knowledge of the Python/Scala/Java data ecosystem
• Previous experience in entertainment
• Knowledge of the video streaming industry
• Demonstrated delivery of machine learning techniques in real-time applications
The hiring range for this position in California is $112,586.00 to $151,030.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0mmk-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.