Sr. Software Engineer - Back End
New York, NY
We are looking for a data quality analyst to join our Data Governance team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration and understanding of large-scale cloud data platform infrastructure. In this role you will work directly with analytics, data architecture, and data engineering stakeholders to ensure our data ecosystem maintains the highest standards for data quality across our global footprint for Disney Streaming Services.
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance works closely with our data stakeholders and engineering teams to enable data driven business insights while adhering to all compliance guidelines globally to seamlessly deliver best-in-class consumer applications across our streaming properties.
• Rapidly prototype, build and deploy production level analytical models to monitor critical datasets via streaming and batch processes
• Understanding business requirements and translating them into actionable specifications while owning end-to-end data lifecycle including how data should be tracked and measured for analysis, reporting and data quality assurance
• Perform cross system data investigations and analysis to discover data inconsistencies, outlining path to remediation for development teams
• Understand the systems and business processes that populate critical systems with data.
• Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage
• Perform data audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes
• Work to support engineering teams tasked with ingestion of critical datasets as a subject matter expert
• Create and manage key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
• Work as a lead data steward hand-in-hand with the managers of the operating systems to convey the data quality needs
• Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments
• 4+ years of analytical experience
• 2+ years of Python, Spark and SQL
• 1+ years of cloud experience (AWS preferred)
• High familiarity with security controls for cloud automation and configuration tooling (e.g. Jenkins) and data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow, Docker, GitHub
• Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
• Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
• BS or BEng in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math/Statistics, etc.) is desired
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure including managing distributed applications on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
• 2+ years of experience in technology or streaming industry, knowledge of data and product a plus
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.