Disney's Direct to Consumer Data team is seeking a Data Analyst who will be an outstanding addition to the Product & Tech Analytics team. The team partners with other teams across the business to turn data into information, information into insights and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. This position will support in designing innovative analytic approaches to test hypotheses, extract actionable insights by identifying patterns in structured and unstructured data, and develop recommendations to drive business performance. You will be supported by your manager as you get up to speed on the data, product, and business partners.
This role is for the User Experience (UX) Analytics team, which has historically focused on the Streaming Apps (D+, Hulu, Star+) and has done extensive work in understanding user navigation and pathing, determining the optimal ad load, audience sizing estimation using maturity rating settings, and recommending thresholds for episode completion that lead to positive user experiences.
• Help expand our product and tech analytical role across more of the Disney family properties through analyses and testing surrounding the user experience of both their sites and apps
• Build analysis, data visualizations, and multi-functional reporting that provides critical support to the operations and decision-making of the organization
• Help to advance the analytical capabilities of the business, collaborate in the design of diagnostic solutions, and deliver outstanding data insights and products
• Develop metrics that describe the user behavior within the app to help contextualize performance for new features and surface areas
• Use internal analytics and data visualization tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
• Foster positive relationships and transparent dialogue with the business community and data colleagues
• Provide analytics expertise to key business partners regarding data & analytics questions, communicating insights to domain experts
• A bachelor's degree or higher in an analytical field or related field
• Unbridled curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower, and a passionate pursuit of analytics driven insights and business outcomes
• At least 3 years of experience as an analyst in a data and analytics domain with proficient SQL, Python, or R skills for complex querying, advanced analysis, performance optimization, and working with data at scale
• Experience with a data visualization tool like Tableau, Looker, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Plotly, etc.
• Experience delivering end-to-end data-driven projects: taking them from vague requirements, to an impactful story, accessible across diverse audiences, and ultimately to a clear business outcome
• Ability to build strong working relationships with teammates, business partners, and technical colleagues
• Ability to identify and appropriately call out issues to leadership
• Strong motivation and ability to learn from questions and experiences
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Sense of humor
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $98,000 to $131,300 per year and in Santa Monica, CA is $93,400 to $125,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv8z70-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.