Senior Data Software Developer in Test
New York, NY
The Data Analyst will assist in evolving all aspects of enterprise wide portfolio management strategy and will heavily influence and contribute to new process design, development and execution. Additionally, this position will be able to produce exploratory analysis, reporting, and visualizations to serve the dual purpose of driving decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This role requires a strategic mind-set as well as analytical skills and the ability to apply those effectively to achieve results.
This position is located in New York, New York.
• Understand portfolio data and the composition of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes
• Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in portfolio data
• Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
• Support new strategy, processes design, reporting, and communications
• Operationalize new processes so that they can be maintained in an on-going and efficient manner
• Create informative and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals
• Perform ad-hoc assignments, including leading and supporting special projects
• Work closely with related teams to ensure alignment with broader strategy
Basic Qualifications :
• 4 years of analytical work experience
• Demonstrable work experience with Tableau or a similar reporting application
• Experience with Clarizen or a similar PPM application
• Experience in building financial and / or data models with predictive analytics
• Experience collecting, validating, and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results.
• Must have a passion for accuracy and a strong drive to create new processes and utilize tools that have yet to be explored; it is essential to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
• Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
• Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Ability to successfully work with all levels of management
Preferred Qualifications :
• Previous work in a PMO or analytics team, ideally providing analytics to inform portfolio decisions is desirable
• Experience in technical environment preferred but not required
Required Education :
• Degree in analytical field such as mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field; advanced degree is a preferred
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.