The Disney Streaming Product & Tech Analytics team is seeking a Data Analyst who will help drive global strategies related to language and accessibility engagement across TWDC's streaming platforms. We are working to answer questions like:
• Are subscribers who engage with multiple languages less likely to cancel their subscriptions?
• How do we assign a dollar value to our language assets?
• How does audio quality impact user engagement with playback language?
• How can we improve our programming and personalization strategy from a localization/international perspective?
This individual will have the rare opportunity to build out a range of KPIs to establish TWDC's progress in tapping into global markets and will collaborate with senior members from teams across the business to turn data into information, information into insights, and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right person for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves problem-solving, and is a good communicator; telling high-impact stories with data. If you are someone who gains personal happiness from transforming data into knowledge and driving business action, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
You will construct KPIs, build highly visible reporting tools, extract actionable insights by identifying patterns in structured and unstructured data, and develop recommendations to drive product performance as TWDC taps into diverse subscribers, both domestically and internationally. You will be instrumental in leading the use of analytics as a critical value driver across our organization.
• Business Performance Reporting, Visualization: Be a partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of the platform. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
• Deep-Dive Analysis: Use advanced techniques (statistical modeling, experimentation, causal inference) to analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns and uncover opportunities. Create a rich understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content and use these insights to then make recommendations.
• Opportunity Identification and Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
• Partnership and communication: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
• 2+ years of analytical work experience or equivalent post-graduate experience.
• 2+ years work experience using SQL or equivalent language.
• Some experience with Python/R or other statistical programming language.
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, Thoughtspot etc.
• Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g. confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
• Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower, passionate pursuit of analytics driven insights.
• Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills and experience presenting to diverse audiences.
• A sense of adventure and humor.
• A bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d21m37-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.