Display Media Manager
New York, NY
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Subscriber Analytics team.
This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and extensive hands-on experience with large datasets. In this role you will be working on data analysis, KPI definitions, data investigations and instrumenting and deploying production processes to ensure data quality assurance and completeness across the complete data lifecycle. You will also work with stakeholders across the business on data education and defining business requirements around churn measurement needs.
At Disney Streaming Services (DSS), data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Subscriber Analytics works closely with stakeholders across all business areas for consistent collection and usage of business critical KPIs and data points. Analysts on this team focus on improving business results through the combination of data analysis and fast-paced execution with an emphasis on driving actionable business recommendations.
• Metric Alignment and Code Development: Work with other members of the team to align metric definitions across all services within the business. Update and maintain the code base in line with team best practices
• Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success
• Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
• Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance
• Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture
• 2+ years of Python and/or SQL
• High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
• Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
• Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
• Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis)
• Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
• Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91ov4-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.