Commercial Planning Supervisor (AdTier)
Overall Purpose of the Role
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company's new Direct to Consumer video entertainment service targeted to families. The service will consist of long form and short form video built around five key content brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic) with an appealing and easy to use interface accessed across multiple platforms (e.g. televisions, mobile devices, PCs).
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics. Within that team, the newly-created Commercial Performance and Planning team is responsible for providing a consolidated view of ongoing E&A trading performance of Disney+, driving insights and decision-making to optimise sign-ups and subscriber growth, and overseeing the Disney+ annual and quarterly planning process. It works closely with the brand and performance marketing teams, the country teams (which have dedicated trading leads as key local counterparts), the E&A BD & strategy team, as well as Finance and Analytics teams across the region and DSS in NY.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded Commercial Planning Supervisor to join our Disney+ Commercial Planning team. The purpose of the role is to ensure we have robust, well-defined and socialised targets as it relates to the upcoming ad-supported tier, especially ad impressions to help support the ad sales and revenue yield management teams on a quarterly, weekly and daily basis.
This is a pivotal role within the Disney+ EMEA business, which will work in collaboration across regional Disney+ functions, BD and Finance teams, as well as with local market teams and the US ad sales and Finance teams.
Areas of Responsibility
Key elements and required results of the role
• Supporting the annual, monthly / bi-monthly forecasting process for Disney+ ad impressions, for retail and wholesale customers, in close partnership with Disney+ Analytics, Finance and Ad Sales teams
• Building a deep understanding of the ad tier and the ad sales business, in order to refine forecasting inputs and outputs in line with evolving business needs
• Supporting reporting on ad impressions vs forecast, to inform commercial and financial reporting
Areas of Accountability
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• Experience working in data-driven environments
• Experience in consulting or finance preferred
• Ability to tailor comms to different audiences
Skills & competencies required
• High numeracy and analytical ability & rigour, attention to detail
• Clear and succinct communication skills
• Skilled at prioritising and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
• Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
• Ability to work autonomously
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n5p1-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.