The Business Operations team is tasked with critical areas of operating the growing Disney Streaming Services organization, including program management of major business initiatives, effective communication and reporting across the organization, and implementing procedures and processes to help Disney Streaming Services run efficiently and at scale.
• This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the entire Disney Streaming Services organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company, to synthesize and write insightful, compelling cross-enterprise executive reporting and produce highly sensitive, deadline-driven daily and weekly written and presentation artifacts for reporting to Disney Streaming C-Suite leadership
• This role will source from internal stakeholders across finance, analytics, marketing, commerce, and product teams to report on the planning, launch, and KPI performance of activities across the organization, delivering smart synthesis from voluminous and disparate information sources - qualitative, quantitative, technical, financial - to pull together into insightful, rapid-cycle reporting and deeper dives
• This position will write executive memos and reports with authority, concision, a constant eye for business purpose and data-driven narrative with a relentless focus on writing specifically for senior executive consumption, with deep understanding of our business models and the full portfolio of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes
• The ideal candidate is a resourceful polymath with the ability to quickly digest sources as disparate as technical analysis, financial spreadsheets, data dashboards, and marketing plans with strong, swift, and precise written communication; a relentless copyediting eye and excellent attention to detail and accuracy; and the ability to concurrently manage multiple workstreams and projects
• It is imperative that this position have impeccable discretion, editorial judgement, and ability to telescope between the highly detailed and the big picture
• Regularly solicit and aggregate input from functional matrixed teams on a daily and weekly basis
• Source direct inputs from stakeholder groups spanning Disney+ and ESPN+ across finance, analytics, marketing, commerce, and product teams to report on the planning, launch, and KPI performance of activities across the organization
• Stay proactively abreast of latest internal developments, key milestone dates, and performance metrics through constant, consistent scanning of reports across the organization, triangulating between teams to validate and confirm accuracy and significance
• Synthesize inputs rapidly into written and slide presentations for senior executive audience
• Create informative and well-organized reports and presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals, explaining complex situations clearly and simply with concise, precise prose
• Incorporate critical data points to frame answers to business questions and operational planning
• Flexibly adjust and edit late-breaking updates or quickly changing decisions
• Write appropriately for medium (presentation, deck, written report) and switch fluently depending on audience and business need
• Able to digest product roadmap and articulate potential technical workstreams and issues to a broad array of audiences
• Work closely with stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization to help translate their ideas, strategies and plans into high quality reports
• Project- and version-management of multiple concurrent reports for different executive stakeholders to be used for different purposes and time intervals
• Maintain rolling source-of-truth version of key need-to-know executive highlights about the Disney+ and ESPN+ businesses
• Visualization of business data and impactful business case storytelling for executive and internal presentations in Google Slides
• 5-7 years work experience or 1-3 years work experience as management consultant
• Broad business management background
• Must be able to read data, absorb large quantities and frequent changes to qualitative and quantitative information, triangulate, disambiguate, and summarize results and recommendations - in executive memo, report, and presentation form
• A passion for accuracy and translating insights into a compelling narrative. It is essential to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
• Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
• Superlative written, verbal and analytical skills, particularly with development of presentation materials
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Analyst / Associate Level with Major Consulting firm experience or business journalism reporting experience with top tier media outlet is strongly preferred
• CA based or NY with later working hours
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d290v6-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.