Business Data Specialist (Project Hire)
The Walt Disney Company's Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+, and Hulu – alongside Disney's distribution and international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
In this role, you will be part of the DMED HR Systems and Processes team and be a partner to our Organizational Management and DMED Organization and Talent Solutions team to establish reporting structures and processes to maintain data integrity across our 23,000+ employee population across 50 countries. You will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise and knowledge of data, analysis, and governance to blaze new trails in standing up DMED's reporting infrastructure to support the ongoing reporting of DMED's workforce data globally.
• Serve as first point of contact for all data transactions related to people and organizations
• Primary liason between Org Management and HRBPs to understand business intentions and translate them into the system of record
• Ensure data integrity by maintaining use of process maps, toolkits, templates, and education materials by Data Leads to ensure ongoing auditing, cleaning, and updating of key data attributes
• Be the DMED point of contact to advise on process for all future reorganizations following the established process by PMO and Manager, Data and Process
• Understanding scope of work required for all data requests and managing stakeholders expectations on timing and process
• Participate in cross department and cross region meetings to understand regional business processes, workflows, and data requirements; and review proposals with global partners to solicit feedback and ensure user adoption of governance solutions.
• Conduct ongoing audits of the DMED data globally to ensure accurate and consistent data in our system of record. Partner with the Data Leads to make updates and corrections to the system of record.
Set-up and Ongoing Auditing of Data/Reporting Infrastructure (~70% of time)
Project and Stakeholder Management (~20%)
Training, Education, and Mapping Processes (~10%)
• Has technical knowledge and experience in systems, data, and tools, such as SAP, Workday and Excel.
• Has exposure to data management processes and concepts
• Proven ability to work successfully in cross functional teams across a matrixed organization.
• Operates with a global mindset while fostering the open exchange of ideas between all stakeholders.
• Has a natural curiosity to continuously ask 'what's possible' and an ability to bring those concepts to reality.
• Able to communicate complex concepts in simple ways to partners with varying degrees of understanding of data structures and concepts.
• Strong attention to detail, and the ability to follow a problem from root cause to solution.
• Exceptional ability to make timely and effective decisions to meet fluid deadlines.
• B.A. or equivalent professional experience in Business Administration or Information Management
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4659q-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.