- Full Time
Job DescriptionFrom classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to the hottest content on television and digital, The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in media and entertainment. For almost 100 years, our outstanding storytelling has enchanted, inspired, and thrilled audiences everywhere. Now you have the opportunity to open a new chapter in your life with a career at Disney!
As the Business Affairs Executive, this role will support Disney Studios Australia (renamed from Fox Studios Australia), located in Moore Park. Disney Studios Australia is a world-class film & television studio facility designed and tailored for Disney motion picture productions as well as third party television and motion picture productions companies.
Occupying a 32-acre site and providing facilities of the highest industry standards, the studio features nine sound stages, several production offices, workshops, and hosts around 50 independent entertainment industry businesses. The history of the site provides an eclectic mix of new and old buildings, and manicured landscapes create proportion and space.
The Business Affairs Executive role is a varied role that has a focus on managing risk and compliance matters for Disney Studios Australia, ensuring all agreements with third parties are current, filed appropriately and essential dates such as expiries are monitored and acted upon appropriately. In addition to third party agreements, the Business Affairs Executive will be responsible for ensuring Vendor and Credit forms are current in addition to collecting and keeping updated all insurances for DSA and third parties.
You will also be responsible for administration support to our Commercial Manager, as well as supporting the wider DSA business to ensure compliance, as well as marketing and social media posts for Disney Studios Australia, management of relevant internal and external stakeholders, and providing Company Secretariat support.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
• Preparing, issuing and facilitating the execution of all third-party leases
• Responsible for ensuring all agreements, contracts, insurances, paperwork and matters with third parties are current, executed, monitored and acted upon appropriately.
• Assist with mitigating risk associated with agreements
• Deliver paralegal support to the DSA Company Directors including any legal work, ASIC obligations and be the primary liaison with internal and third-party counsel
• Provide advice or services to Disney production entities (or their outsourced contractors) with production responsibilities, such as visa applications or immigration advice for production cast and crew; banking; ledger management and coordination of federal and state production incentive application deliverables.
• Assist with DSA marketing programs including print, online and any partnership programs such as Ausfilm, Screen Producers Australia, Create NSW or Screen Australia
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
• Previous administrative assistant experience in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
• Previous experience in a Paralegal, Legal, Business Affairs, or Company Secretariat role will be beneficial
• Proactive problem solving with the ability to examine issues from a broad perspective and anticipating impact beyond initial scope
This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rozyq3-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.