San Francisco, CA
The Disney Streaming Services Broadcast Engineering group provides 24 hour operations, with tier 1 and tier 2 support for various broadcast systems. Broadcast Engineers operate from the Transmission Operation Center, managing all A/V transmission paths into our data centers. Engineers also monitor and analyze the delivery of all A/V transmission to our partners. Candidates should have an eagerness to learn and adapt to new broadcast and IP technologies in order to meet our current and future needs.
Disney Streaming Services Broadcast Engineers are responsible for distribution, switching, and quality control monitoring of event-based and linear acquisition signals, regardless of the format (linear television, IP, fiber, etc.). Broadcast Engineers also ensure that assigned partner distribution transmission is configured and routed as ordered. They will act as technical liaison to clients and their partners to remotely troubleshoot signal issues, as well as notifying internal and external parties of signal outages. Broadcast Engineers ensure all signals meet strict quality control standards and make adjustments to video, audio, captions as required. Broadcast Engineers are expected to keep meticulous notes on any troubleshooting and will help to compose documentation on standard operating procedures as needed.
• 2+ years in Broadcast Engineering, Transmissions, Master Control or similar work environment.
• Working knowledge of SD/HD-SDI, ASI, MPEG and J2K signal types.
• Working knowledge of transmission and acquisition equipment and systems.
• Working knowledge of analog and digital audio signals.
• Knowledge of networking and TS Over IP principals.
• Experience with Evertz, Snell, Grass Valley, Ross, Ateme, Sencore and other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
• Understanding signal flows and CAD drawings.
• Some knowledge of elastic search and real-time analytics/visualizations.
• Experience in similar fast paced environments.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5mz3-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.