The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services - ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu - alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Disney Streaming International Marketing team is responsible for ensuring creative campaigns are adapted for regional territories around the world. Our team develops and executes global campaign strategies, centralizes market operations and asset management, and oversees the production and design of localized deliverables. We are uniquely positioned at the intersection of the Disney+ ecosystem supporting brand, content, and creative marketing efforts. We ensure our commitment to world-class storytelling and best-in-class quality standards are globally aligned across 140+ countries and over 35 languages.
The AV Localization Associate Manager is on the frontline of our global asset localization pipeline. This role requires frequent communication and coordination between our global marketing teams and internal stakeholders to successfully organize, track, and facilitate AV localization requests. The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled and sophisticated communicator that excels at collaborating with diverse teams with distinct cultural traditions and customs. The complex and critical nature of this role requires strong intellect, intuition, and being able to quickly make it through a high-volume of tasks while simultaneously providing timely updates.
We need someone who can keep projects on target by motivating teammates, partners, and stakeholders amid frequently shifting timelines; intuitively/instinctively anticipate and avoid barriers without dwelling on stumbles; navigate aggressive deadlines and ambitious expectations; simplify complex workflows and processes; influence positive outcomes as a creative champion and advocate; genuinely enjoys making magic.
The Disney+ International Marketing team is seeking an experienced AV localization candidate with post-production, localization, and media management experience to create localized AV assets for Disney+ General Entertainment titles that are going to our global markets.
The AV Localization Associate Manager will coordinate finishing of content for Disney+ Marketing while managing assets across a variety of sites and sources and should have experience working with a variety of AV formats. This person should have experience working with international markets, an understanding of 360 marketing campaigns, and the cultural/customary variations from markets-to-market. This person will need to be extremely detail oriented and should thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume and extremely collaborative environment. The ability to effectively prioritize projects to get the best ROI is a must.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
% of Time
• Oversee global marketing localization of AV assets for use in international Disney+ markets
• Manage communication to markets, territories, and regions, which includes updating global contact lists
• Send out requests for translation of taglines, attribution, CTAs
• Maintain and evolve our commonly used translation database
• AV asset management of workflow for Disney+ marketing
• Localization and asset delivery for multi-IP Brand assets
• Prioritize projects by implementing effective strategies to manage ever-increasing volume
• manage, track, and report localization requests
• Receive, validate, and process orders and translations ensuring accuracy and completeness
• Liaise with various domestic cross-functional partners and stakeholders
• Support the rapid expansion of global creative deliverable our production pipeline
• Support a high-volume, fast-paced International Creative business which will require:
• Managing schedules and ensuring on-time deliveries
• Updating stakeholders on project status, risks, and health
• Tracking and reporting KPIs and project metrics to managers and executives
• Leading and attending meetings with various stakeholders
• Enforcing International Marketing timelines and standards
• Developing and documenting workflow efficiencies
• Additional duties and projects as assigned
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 2+ years of marketing, communication, media management, trafficking, or creative agency experience
• 2+ years in media and entertainment, or related industry
• Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills
• Ability to work with diverse cultures while respecting global customs and sensitivities
• Localization and vendor management experience
• Familiarity with various multimedia assets and formats
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Strong understanding of international markets, creative trends, and localization workflows
• Knowledge of video editing and graphic design software
• Broadcast/Cable Television, Studio, or Post-Production House experience
• Operations/Technology/Streaming experience
• Highly collaborative spirit and a positive outlook when the going gets tough
• No ego - we critique work, not individuals
• Knowledgeable of Disney brands and franchises
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvn8j0-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.