The Quality Assurance team is responsible for validating all work before it goes to production, this includes software: web, mobile, connected device applications, media, non-consumer facing products and more. Additionally, the Quality Assurance teams creates and maintains the framework used for automation testing at DSS and performs all performance testing.
• The QA Automation Engineer II will be responsible for building tests that are atomic, independent and can run in parallel across multiple browsers / devices in multiple locales and/or languages.
• Has an understanding of a CI Infrastructure (i.e. Jenkins / Hudson) and how it works.
• QA Automation Engineer II understands additional design patterns (i. e. DRY, Factories) in addition to (page objects and abstraction) and follows coding standards.
• Builds out new tests and test suite's as necessary, conferring with senior members of the department on how to handle items that they may not have seen or run into before.
• Mentor / coach junior members of the department as well as automation initiative individuals.
• Knowledge of QA tools and the ability to create and track defects.
• Work with other QA Analysts and Developers to ensure overall system reliability, performance, reporting and quality.
• Utilize various tools / frameworks in the department.
• Ownership of test maintenance.
• 2+ years working automation engineering and a solid knowledge of digital streaming devices and industry trends.
• Programming experience in the language of the platform/application being utilized should be of intermediate level as well as having a working knowledge of test automation technology overall.
BS or BA degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including Disney+, ESPN+, Star+, and Hulu. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world's most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4kmm-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.