Location: NYC (but remote until TBD)
People engage with The Walt Disney Company's content, characters, and stories through the great digital products that Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) builds and manages. With innovative, world-class design and engineering, we create beloved and diverse digital experiences across news, sports, and entertainment.
From show clips and highlights to video and audio streaming, and some of the world's most trusted news, analysis, commentary and scores, our industry-leading portfolio of 90+ digital products reach an average of more than 380 million users, who spend over 30 billion minutes and watch at least 3 billion videos, each month across the range of products and brands.
As Art Director you should demonstrate excellent design and digital skills combined with knowledge of the latest marketing techniques. As Art Director you will collaborate with a small team of Visual, Production and Motion Designers providing guidance and fostering ideas to launch impressive new marketing initiatives. You will create design concepts and strategies for campaigns and monitor its process through all stages of production. The ideal candidate has a passion for design, marketing, and data; with experience in marketing and a proven record of bringing campaigns to life across digital and social platforms. You must be able to communicate your design concepts clearly and show experience collaborating with different teams to ensure brand consistency. Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome by exceeding our customer expectations and driving sustainable growth.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio and resume.
• Conceive and implement design concepts, guidelines and strategies in various digital marketing projects and oversee them to completion
• Team up with Copywriters and Digital Production Designers in crafting highly impactful and scalable media campaigns
• Motivate and mentor Visual, Production and Motion Designers to help them use their talents effectively
• Collaborate with Creative Directors and marketing teams to on-board clients' requirements
• Work along Copywriters to marry well-crafted copy with smart, scalable designs that meet marketing goals
• Lead conversations with excellent communication skills
• Establish goals and priorities for the team, as well as direct reports
• Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
• Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working as an Art Director or similar role within the Digital Design industry
• Has executed email campaigns and lifecycle marketing activations
• Candidates who have experience working on sports, lifestyle brands, or entertainment brands are a plus
• Hands-on experience in the creative process, marketing, graphic design, and brand development
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign as well as Sketch, HTML and CSS
• Knowledge of Cinema 4D a plus
• Outstanding organization skills
• Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
• Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have digital production skills creating digital assets in a fast-paced environment
• Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
• Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered
• BA/BS in Design, Fine Art, Advertising, or relevant field
• MA/MS will be considered an asset
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox2w1-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.