Analyst, Content Performance Analytics (Disney Entertainment)
The Disney Entertainment Research, Insights, and Analytics team sits within Disney Entertainment and consults with Senior Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver audience and content performance insights that inspire creative development and inform content strategy. The Analyst, Content Performance Analytics will join a team dedicated to delivering impactful data insights to inform a wide range of strategic decisions influencing the future of television at Disney Entertainment Television.
• Helping to design, build and automate new reports and dashboards as needed to support decision-making.
• Using internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data.
• Conducting exploratory analysis across data sets to illuminate content viewing trends and provide a deep and ongoing understanding of content performance and audience preferences.
• Building strong partnerships and processes for ongoing collaboration with Analytics and Insights teams across The Walt Disney Company (Including Disney+ and Hulu)
• The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television and content.
• Curiosity and passion for solving problems and answering challenging questions.
• Outstanding communication skills – written, oral, presentation and storytelling.
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• A deep bench of knowledge and experience across at least one of the following areas:
• Fluency capturing and translating data and insights via visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, Looker, MicroStrategy)
• Expertise in data exploration and data science
• Experience working in ''big data'' environments (like Snowflake, Hadoop); Proficiency of SQL and an understanding of complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs, and other tools (SAS, Python, R, etc.).
• Advanced knowledge of Nielsen, and other content and audience measurement services and tools (comScore, Tubular, Omniture, Gracenote)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, including Macro creation and modification; Proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote
• Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects.
• Relationship builder, one who excels in a collaborative environment.
• Can self-start, work autonomously, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize competing tasks.
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Presentation graphics ability a plus (Keynote, Photoshop, etc.)
• BA/BS Degree in Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent/related degree is preferred.
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $68,300.00 to $93,800.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpbw2-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.