Ad Operations Associate
New York, NY
Location: NYC (but remote until TBD)
Disney Streaming is a business unit within the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment at The Walt Disney Company, which oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's international operations and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including Disney+, ESPN+, and the upcoming general entertainment international offering Star. Our core mission is to deliver the unparalleled storytelling created by our renowned content partners across The Walt Disney Company to global audiences by giving them the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth for Disney Streaming. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel.
The Affiliate Marketing Manager will play a critical role in growing and scaling a fast-growing, affiliate marketing business. Specific responsibilities will include developing and executing the strategy, building partnerships with vendors/publishers/affiliates and optimizing campaigns and budgets. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to be at the forefront of digital innovation and growth. This is a highly collaborative role which will work across the Disney business as well as high-profile external partners.
• Develop and implement strategies to drive subscriber acquisition, conversion and efficiency via affiliate marketing programs
• Drive recruitment and business development efforts to identify and establish relationships with new affiliate partners, including editorial publishers, affiliate networks, high-quality incentivized and loyalty programs, and brand-to-brand partnerships
• Develop and execute strategy across affiliate marketing ecosystem including sell-in documents, bounty and payout models and contracts
• Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams like brand, legal, strategy for campaign approvals and coordination, as well as regional marketing teams for localization of campaigns and local affiliate recruitment if applicable
• Regularly analyze data and metrics to identify key opportunities to improve KPI performance, increase scale, and enhance efficiency of marketing spend
• Develop robust test & learn plan to improve performance and marketing spend efficiencies, based on data & analytical insights
• Own direct relationship with top affiliate partners and external vendors/agencies
• Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact campaigns and initiatives
• Drive innovation with partners to get them excited to promote our first-class streaming services and beloved content
• 3-5 years of digital marketing experience
• Knowledge of affiliate space and how to optimize partnerships to drive performance across various affiliate models
• Highly analytical mindset with an understanding of acquisition funnel, performance marketing KPI's, and profitability levers
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strategic self-starter with ability to navigate cross-functional teams. Must have a proven track record of driving projects from start to finish
• Strong partner or client management skills
• Passion for innovation, creative problem solving, and building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Fluency in either Spanish or Portuguese a plus, but not required
• Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
• Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
• Bachelor's degree
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.