Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Technical Lead reports to the Director of Software Engineering and is responsible for providing technical leadership for an engineering team to ensure the successful delivery of software services and its engineering excellence. The role provides technical expertise in building software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute media.
• Lead a software engineering team to design, build, deliver and operate software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney's media catalog
• Build collaboratively with the team you lead and neighboring engineering teams
• Contribute to the code base by writing and reviewing software
• Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts
• Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence
• Contribute to a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
• Mentor or coach team members on best practices, technical concepts and principles of software development
• Recruit and help hire talented software engineers
• Experience with Scala
• Minimum 5 years' experience building complex distributed software services
• Highly skilled in the software development life cycle, software architecture and writing software
• Practical and personable, with a succinct communication style
• Experience building multiple concurrent projects of high technical complexity
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and provide on-call support as needed
• BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating an expert level understanding of software development and infrastructur
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vopq-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.