Full Time Job
Sr Technical Manager
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Media Services Team team, responsible for resiliency, innovation and advanced feature-sets across backend APIs powering video playback for Disney+ and ESPN+, is seeking a Technical Project Manager to accelerate their team.
As the Technical Project Manager of this team, you'll be responsible for managing multiple technical workstreams. You'll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, roadmapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications. We value people who like to roll up their sleeves and dig into a problem or a domain head first.
• You are able to manage large teams, complex high-profile technical projects, and act as the primary owner for communication and tracking of technical workstreams, their milestones, dependencies, and risks.
• You are a seasoned negotiator, and are able to identify a solution path for multiple/various competing requirements and stakeholder preferences. You are influential in your negotiations, and are able to advocate for your desired outcome.
• You are adherent to all departmental processes, but you are able to critique their impact and articulate opportunities for improvement. You will work closely with other project and program managers to continuously iterate on project execution, system monitoring, and cost optimization best practices within our organization.
• You demonstrate product and technical knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations. You are capable of performing the Product Owner function, should a need exist.
• You build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison in software development
• You continue to hone skills where needed, are actively engaged in the community through conferences, industry trends, and best practices, and leverage new information to constantly improve performance.
• You are well-established in Technical Project Management, having 4+ years experience in the software industry where you had hands on experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
• You have a proven track record of delivering reliable, scalable, service-oriented web services.
• You have in-depth knowledge and experience executing both Lean and Agile software development methodologies.
• You possess a working understanding of software design best practices and DevOps, and actively promote CI/CD release management processes.
• You have familiarity with web services, JVM languages, serverless compute, stream-processing, relational and non-relational databases, and distributed systems.
• You have developed essential soft skills vital to the Project Manager role, including: meeting leadership, communication, teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, problem solving, critical thinking, & conflict resolution
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.