Sr Software engineer Technical Lead
New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services, specifically our Disney + Main App team is looking for a talented full stack engineer to join a team that creates large-scale, highly-performant web applications. This team transforms large, complex datasets into fast and responsive user interfaces
used by millions of people.
on the client. You'll work with a team of other developers alongside systems engineers, services
the details that make a user experience exceptional; and demonstrate enthusiasm for new technologies,
languages, frameworks, and platforms, then we would love to have you speak with you!
• Design, implement, and maintain front-end web application architecture.
• Create tooling to aid with developer productivity.
• Help maintain build scripts and local development environments.
• Work with our Web Dev Ops team to improve build and deployment pipelines.
• Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services.
• Enforce code quality through test driven development.
• Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
• Drive conversations with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define and execute on product requirements.
• Mentoring, leading, and helping to level up other engineers.
• 7+ years experience building complex, highly usable web applications.
• Strong experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
• Experience setting and/or expanding engineering best practices.
• Comfortable evaluating and taking calculated risks adopting new technologies.
• Experience with streaming video, e-commerce, large data applications and analytics suites.
• Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.