Sr. Software Engineer
New York, NY
Disney Streaming is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help build and support the metadata and artwork platform for Disney+, ESPN+, and other streaming services. Our systems are collectively responsible for integrating with the studios to bring all the metadata and artwork for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Nat Geo, and Fox content onto the Disney Streaming platform for inclusion in Disney+. This includes distributed systems that handle metadata and artwork ingest, management, discovery, curation, personalization, and syndication. Our metadata drives nearly every aspect of the user experience in Disney Streaming products.
• Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
• Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
• Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
• Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
• Participate in on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents
• Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
• Proficient in at least two programming languages and deep understanding of object-oriented programming
• Experience building RESTful services
• Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await)
• Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience with New Relic or similar application monitoring software
• Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS
• Exposure to build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnmny-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.