Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Content Management Platform team is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer who is sharp, motivated, and will help build the technology backbone of Media Engineering. This team is responsible for the end-to-end technology needed to acquire content from over 1500 partners and deliver the highest quality video to tens of millions of users. As part of this team, you would use technologies like Springboot, AWS native resources, Kafka, and Elasticsearch.
• Understand and implement the best engineering practices to write well-constructed and easy to maintain code and write defensive and robust tests
• Improve the content ingestion and management system APIs, publishing tools, and workflows; implement scalable and robust data engineering pipelines
• Foster a culture that uses metrics to make informed decisions and guide change; balance architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues
• Design well-architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining the best agile practices
• Communicate status with peers and/or managers and present views and opinions respectfully
• Collaborate with product managers and other business partners to achieve functionality and evangelize your team's work across all organizations
• Onboard and mentor other engineers on the team on standards and best practices
• Minimum 4 years of software development experience and proficiency in Java, Python, or similar
• Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms (hashing, trees, graphs, search, etc.)
• Fundamental understanding of databases and messaging queues
• An enjoyment for going deep on performance tuning and a love of owning a problem end-to-end
• A desire to relentlessly dive into problems and improve systems
• Experience building systems in the Cloud (AWS)
• A knack for crafting large scale distributed systems
• Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning experience (Keras, Tensorflow)
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5nq3-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.