San Francisco, CA
The Content Engineering team at Disney Streaming is hiring Senior Software Engineers to help build and support the metadata and artwork platform for Disney+, ESPN+, and other streaming services. Our systems are collectively responsible for integrating with the studios to bring all the metadata and artwork for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Nat Geo, and Fox content onto the Disney Streaming platform for inclusion in Disney+. This includes distributed systems that handle metadata and artwork ingest, management, discovery, curation, personalization, and syndication. Our metadata drives nearly every aspect of the user experience in Disney Streaming products.
**Note that this is a US-based role, but the team is primarily based in Amsterdam. Someone on the East Coast who prefers starting their day on the early side would be a good fit.
• Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
• Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
• Participate in on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
• Fluent in at least one programming language and proficient in at least one more Deep understanding of object-oriented programming
• Experience delivering full-stack applications in production environments Experience building RESTful services
• Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await) Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
• Exposure to build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
• Experience with New Relic or similar application monitoring software
• Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS
• Proficiency with a modern front-end web framework such as Angular, React, or Vue
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.