Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
As a Sr. Video Engineer for the Video Platform Engineering team, you will help us provide the best in class video experience on browsers, connected devices and STBs pushing the envelope of what is technically possible with the most exciting content in the industry.
We're looking for an engineer who's proficient in HTML5 video player development, with deep knowledge of MSE/EME, memory optimization and video standards.
Whether you're in New York or California we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry. In some cases, we are also open to remote employees.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• To work within a strong organization of video experts
• To work on a bleeding edge video player stack
• To work with a world-class team of engineers
• To work in a highly collaborative team environment
• To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
As a critical member of a team of video platform engineering you are responsible for building out next generation video players and features
• Port the video stack to new hardware
• Optimize player performance
• Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering, and QA teams and product to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of HTML5 video experience with browsers and connected devices
• Understanding of various CTV browsers and what features they support
• Understanding of video player design and implementations
• Understanding of advanced video / audio formats, DRM implementations and streaming formats
• Advanced experience with HLS
• Familiarity with Smart TV HTML5 video development
• Worked on HTML5 video player development on hardware constraint devices, such as STBs
• Experience with C++ video player development
• Familiarity with Widevine and PlayReady DRM
• Experience with CMAF