San Francisco, CA
Working with the latest in streaming video, web serving and caching technologies, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a platform that involves configuration, content & traffic management for Disney+, Star+ & ESPN+ around the world. We are a fast paced and growing team, where you will have an opportunity to learn about content delivery infrastructure landscape and challenges in the area of content distribution network and origin as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
• Build next generation operational tools that manages the content distribution infrastructure for Disney+.
• Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
• Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
• Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
• Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
• Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
• Strong motivation in picking up new domains and writing and shipping well-tested code.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional business partners.
• Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
• Experience setting and/or expanding engineering best practices.
• Passion for software development and problem solving.
• Experience in building user interfaces for web applications.
• 8+ years of software development industry experience primarily focused on the front end.
• Experience with Jest/Cypress testing framework.
• Experience building dynamic UI components
• Work with Product manager and design the features technically.
• Comfortable evaluating and taking calculated risks adopting new technologies.
• Review the code and suggest optimal coding standards and code reusability
• Working knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps.
• Modern Git based Source Code Control Repositories experience.
• In-depth experience in Vue.js or comparable experience with modern front end UI frameworks such as React, Svelte, or Angular.
• UI/UX design experience: understanding of typography, layout, color theory, usability, and other design principles.
• 8+ years of software development industry experience primarily focused on the front end
• Experience with D3.js, webpack/babel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98z77-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.