Sr. Manager, Content Marketing Operations
The Global Content Operations team is responsible for the end-to-end workstreams of Originals, Library and Marketing assets, ensuring the proper delivery and integrity from the creators' hand-off to the ingestion and validation on Disney+, creating efficiency and seamless workflows across the entire content supply chain.
The Strategy team within GCO is responsible for setting the framework for execution, project management, setting KPIs and reporting on supply chain activity, as well as process improvement across the supply chain.
We are seeking a Sr Knowledge Manager, who will be part of the Strategy team within Global Content Operations in Glendale, CA, and reporting to the Director of Strategy. The team's purview is end-to-end oversight of the content supply chain for Disney+. The Knowledge Manager will be responsible for owning our information management strategy, creating standardized documentation templates, and organizing our knowledge base for easy access.
With our growing business and developing workflows, we have an increasing need to centralize sources of truth to enhance communication, provide clarity and ultimately increase productivity. The ideal candidate will have a disciplined approach to information management, a sensible eye for design to clearly communicate key concepts in our documents, and be proactive to set best practices and lead change management for successful adoption.
• Create information management infrastructure and strategies to collate knowledge of business processes and all materials that the Global Content Operations team manages and uses
• Interview, document and understand the content supply chain lifecycle and relevant stakeholders and output workflows and RACI charts to clearly capture business processes
• Implement best practices of knowledge sharing across the team to keep everyone informed of the most accurate information
• Create presentations that use design elements to convey concepts effectively
• Standardize templates for documenting workflows, RACIs, presentations and reports
• Centralize and organize information on the shared Confluence wiki
• Create a robust onboarding plan for new hires and training plans for existing team members, ensuring documentation is up to date
• Collaborate with partner teams to ensure accessibility to key documents, as well as broadcast relevant updates to partners
• BA/BS degree knowledge management, information systems or related field
• 5+ years of experience in knowledge management or consulting
• Proficient in information management systems, strategies, and communication methodologies
• Ability to use design elements in presentations to effectively convey key points
• Excellent communication/listening skills to understand stakeholders' information needs to enable faster decision making
• Experience in documenting workflows and capturing roles and responsibilities in easy-to-understand formats
• Can work independently and is a self-starter in this new role for the team
• 7+ years of experience in knowledge/information management or consulting
• Experience with a global company
• Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.