Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Our combined Hulu and Disney team is looking for hardworking team players, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Manifest Delivery team is accountable for ensuring that customers can play back videos – the core functionality of our service. The team's responsibilities include delivering HLS and DASH manifests that power the in-app players across a variety of players for the VOD and Live experience. The team is involved in end-to-end quality of service for playback, from how long it takes to start a video to how expertly the video segments are delivered. We are looking for a Software Developer to help us build a robust, reliable, and fast set of manifest services.
What you'll do
• Build systems to power a 24/7 live service
• Sweat every millisecond of latency
• Ensure that when a customer presses 'play,' they enjoy the video they selected
• Design, monitor, and scale complex systems that juggle different areas of business logic quickly and reliably
What to bring
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Minimum 3 years of software development experience preferably with Python or Golang
• Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime systems
• Creative and inventive problem solving
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7m96-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.