Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected throughout the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and National Geographic. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers original TV and Movies, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live TV and events. We are the Media Engineering team, and we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for creating fun and immersive streaming experiences. We embrace unconventional creativity and collaborate as a team to bring The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience to viewers across the globe.
The Content Management Platform team is seeking a talented Software Developer with the drive to advance the technology backbone of Media Engineering. Our team is responsible for acquisition, management and distribution of content from over 1500 partners. We deliver the highest quality video to over a hundred million viewers, and we need your help to expand our systems and create new experiences. As part of this team, you will use AWS, containerized deployment with Docker and Kubernetes, frameworks such as Springboot, Django and React, and best practices in software engineering.
• Design well-architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining the best agile practices
• Understand and implement the best engineering practices to write well-constructed and easy to maintain code and write defensive and robust tests
• Improve the content ingestion and management system APIs, publishing tools, and workflows; implement scalable and robust data engineering pipelines
• Communicate status with peers and/or managers and present views and opinions respectfully. Collaborate to tackle problems in innovative and efficient new ways
• Minimum 3 years of software development experience and proficiency in Java, Python, or similar
• Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
• Fundamental understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases including ACID and CAP, horizontally distributed computing, eventual consistency, messaging queues, and search indexes.
• An enjoyment for going deep on performance tuning and a love of owning a problem end-to-end
• A desire to relentlessly dive into problems and improve systems
• Experience building systems in the Cloud (AWS)
• Experience designing and building large scale distributed systems with operational observability
• Experience using continuous integration and deployment with regression, load and stress testing
• Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning experience (Keras, Tensorflow)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience