Principal Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Disney+ is changing entertainment. Our mission is simply to build high-quality, innovative experiences that connect people with the content they love. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media, and to work specifically on Disney+, which just celebrated its first year in-market. The design team has a pivotal role in the development of the product, giving form to new ideas that continuously improve and evolve Disney+ for our viewers.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will focus on the total content discovery and playback experience, innovating on a variety of UX features that showcase our world-class content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
The role reports to the Director of Design in San Francisco, and you will be a part of a dynamic product design team that spans San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Amsterdam.
What You'll Do
• Follow a user-centered, evidence-backed, design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals. We listen to our guests, and let their needs guide us to the best solutions.
• Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You'll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
• Design for a diverse audience, from first time visitors to power-users, with various levels of accessibility, in languages and regions across the globe.
• Bring a holistic understanding of how different factors (aesthetics, user state, performance, copywriting, customer journey, etc.) impact the user experience.
• Rapidly ideate potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts; at various levels of fidelity using sketches, mockups and prototypes.
• Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to stakeholder reviews to 1:1s.
• You have 6+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
• Collaborative, working well within a team environment to work as a group toward the best solution for the user.
• Open, transparent and data driven with your designs, sharing them early and often with peers and stakeholders.
• Self directed in managing your work. Proactive about communicating project progress, status, and workload.
• Able to present and defend your design decisions to a variety of audiences.
• Strategic, always considering how your work solves user, team and business needs.
• A systems thinker, looking towards building sustainable and scalable solutions through reusable design patterns and libraries
• Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.