Principal Network Architect
Remote / Virtual
The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) D.A.T.A. Product Team is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Manager to lead the Instrumentation Product Solutions team supporting Disney's Direct-to-Consumer platforms including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and the upcoming Star+ streaming platforms. The ideal candidate has significant experience solutioning, implementing, and supporting instrumentation and digital analytics tools in complex web and mobile/OTT application environments. The instrumentation solutions team plays a key role in defining DMED data strategy, developing instrumentation requirements, KPIs, and acceptance criteria for new products. The team also develops tools and processes for validating instrumentation accuracy and monitoring ongoing data quality and schema adherence. The successful candidate for this role will be a strong manager with experience leading technical product or operations teams. Candidates must be comfortable working across functional teams in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. This role will need to collaborate closely with leaders across engineering, product, program management, data technology, analytics, and marketing functions throughout The Walt Disney Company. Must be comfortable learning the ins and outs of in-house built technology and navigating complex enterprise organizations. This role will report to the Director of Instrumentation Product Solutions and will manage a team of product managers and analysts.
• You will lead efforts to implement and maintain consistent instrumentation across DMED's direct-to-consumer streaming platforms
• You will drive strategic decisioning around instrumentation technology, process alignment, and tooling
• You will utilize deep knowledge of instrumentation and/or digital analytics to develop solutions in support of business requirements and stakeholder needs
• You will collaborate cross functionally with legal, business, marketing, program, design, engineering, and product teams to support new product and feature launches with reliable instrumentation solutions
• You will create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria
• You will identify and build relationships with key stakeholders across functional groups and gather/drive consensus among all required stakeholders and executors across the company to accomplish larger goals. You will need to creatively resolve blockers and integrate into multiple processes and workstreams to accomplish goals.
• You will help prioritize and delegate work within your team and support intake and sprint planning.
• You will manage and mentor Product Managers and Analysts who are responsible for both tactical and strategic instrumentation work
• 10+ years' technical experience with instrumentation, product telemetry, and/or digital analytics tools.
• Strong understanding of digital product instrumentation and telemetry principles and how to capture and structure user engagement, product performance, and quality of service data for use in downstream analytics or marketing use cases.
• Track record of managing highly effective and organized technical product or operations teams.
• Strong understanding of SDLC, CI/CD, and Agile development practices.
• Comfortable with data, analytics, and BI tools such as Databricks, Snowflake, Tableau, Looker, Adobe Analytics, Conviva, etc.
• Experience partnering closely with product/design/engineering in a complex matrixed organization
• A strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Successful in times of ambiguity and can create clarity from chaos
• Flexible in an ever-changing environment
• Fosters an action oriented, values-based and purpose driven work culture
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1m7m-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.