At Disney Streaming, we are experiencing explosive growth, reaching over 100M+ subscribers in only 16 months with the launch of Disney+. As we embark on our continued acceleration across all our streaming services (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Star+) we are looking for talent that enjoys working in dynamic and fast paced environments and who can meet opportunities and challenges head on. Collaboration and innovation are key to our success, and as a division within the Walt Disney Company, we have a unique opportunity to bring truly magical experiences to consumers around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Product Management to lead a team within the Commerce discipline. As a member of the Commerce Platform team, your mission will be to guide a team focused on products and tools that continue our growth trajectory. The ideal candidate will have extensive product management experience as well as people management experience. You will be a leader in the organization, demonstrating strategic thinking, adaptability, and communication for this high-performing team, and you will be a key figure in creating impactful partnerships with our stakeholders. You will mentor and coach your team to develop their product skills, advance in their career goals, and contribute to our growth and retention KPIs. We are looking for your proven track record of driving product delivery, building a team, and inspiring success in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Establish product strategy and vision for the next generation commerce platform that powers Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, and Star+ consumer experiences
• Be an expert in your domain and evangelize your vision across the organization so stakeholders are aligned and on board
• Lead and manage a small team of Senior Product Managers: Establish a vision for the team's work, determine KPIs and measures of success, guide and coach each member to reach their individual goals
• Drive and execute strategic initiatives that contribute to growth objectives from a Commerce Platform capabilities perspective
• Establish processes that streamline work for your team to achieve their mission
• Collaborate with and be a partner to engineering leadership in your domain and across the organization
• You have at least 5 years of product management experience.
• You have at least 5 years of people management experience.
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills, and comfort speaking to executives
• You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time, handling competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• You're familiar with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
• Subscription product experience
• You have experience working with an internationally distributed digital product
• You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
• You have familiarity with the streaming video industry and understand the different value propositions that all the market leaders offer their customers
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ropy33-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.