Principal Network Architect
Remote / Virtual
The Localization team at Disney+ is looking for a seasoned language manager to help us implement our language quality strategy at Disney+. This regional language manager will work closely with Product, Design, Content, Marketing and regional teams to shape the language requirements and needs for all our international launches. The language manager will bring in-depth knowledge of the region's tone, style, and linguistic requirements. This person will coordinate with other stakeholders to align on language content, terminology, and quality. This position is under the International Product team.
• Develop linguistic assets and standards, create glossaries, style guides, and define the tone of voice for Disney+ on their markets and regions working closely with local teams.
• Monitor the linguistic quality, set up improvements and feedback to vendors and freelancers for each type of content and for several languages in the region.
• Establish cultural guidelines, and monitor the linguistic expectations of the user experience for the different components: UI, Metadata, Legal, Marketing and Customer support.
• Communicate proactively with Globalization cross-functional teams to identify and fix linguistic and product issues related to their region.
• Coordinating a team of freelancers on assigned projects or accounts. Facilitating testing and qualifying new linguists and vendors as required.
• Define and manage the QA process for all localized content to ensure consistent messaging and functionality.
• Work with vendor resources to deliver localized content, handling high priority and high visibility content yourself.
• 7+ years of experience working on localizing products, preferable tech or media entertainment, managing language quality and localization programs for the MENA markets.
• Deep understanding of localization specificities, processes, and tolls.
• Experience creating, managing and maintaining language materials, including glossaries and style guides.
• Knowledge or prior experience in the film/entertainment industry is definitely a plus.
• Ability to write efficiently in English and in their language with attention to detail should be comfortable using a variety of publishing tools and is thoughtful in the delivery of information while working on diverse content.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.