Sr Manager, Content Operations
Originals, Global Content Operations, Strategy
Location: Glendale, CA (but remote until TBD)
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We are seeking a Project Manager who will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, and will be reporting to the Director of Strategy. You will be responsible for assisting project managers with the Originals and other content workstreams for Disney+ with regard to project setup, milestone tracking for the end-to-end supply chain, and reporting on status throughout. The role will require strong collaboration with multiple teams across the company as well as being proactive and detail oriented.
• Assist Project Managers to gather and validate information (e.g., post-production schedules, delivery dates) to help build lifecycle plans for Originals and Currents for Disney+
• Follow up with cross-functional teams (Global Content Operations, Production, Studio Operations) on deadlines to ensure the project is moving through the pipeline in a timely manner
• Risk analysis on milestone dates and collaborate on solutions with Project Managers
• Update documentation including project plans, templates, status reports
• 2-5 years project management experience (direct-to-consumer organizations preferred)
• Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience with data analysis
• Global mindset, sensitive to other cultures, territory-specific needs and varying communication styles
• Ability to build relationships and communicate with global contacts
• Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (e.g., CMS, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, PowerBI, Tableau)
• Knowledge of production and post-production workflows
• Bachelor's degree
• 4+ years project/program management experience
• Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
• Experience with international expansion and digital platform launches
• Streaming service experience
• Bachelor's degree
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.