Manager, Network Security Engineering
Remote / Virtual
Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including Disney+ and ESPN+. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Disney Streaming Networking organization, you would be responsible for architecting Disney Streaming's next generation distribution network.
We are currently looking for a Principal Network Architect who is passionate about all areas of data networking. The Principal Network Architect is to be a forwarding thinking technologist who possesses an insatiable desire for networking knowledge. This person will use their vast understanding of the Internet to facilitate the development of our global distribution network. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
• 10+ years working in Internet related fields and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP.
• Expertise with routing design, techniques, and protocols such as BGP.
• In-depth understanding of public peering, QoS, and traffic engineering.
• Extensive experience with multi-vendor routing and switching platforms.
• Experience with network security tools, such as next generation firewalls and IDS/IPS.
• Experience with Linux operating systems, network automation, and open source tooling.
• Ability to develop roadmaps, technology qualification, and design standards.
• Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
• Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
• Eagerness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
• A self-starter able to work independently but also comfortable working within a team.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
• Excellent customer presentation skills.
• A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies.
• Experience in multi-vendor network security topologies.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience in either an ISP/NSP or CDN environment.
• A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
Advanced knowledge of the following:
• BGP, OSPF, PIM, Network Security, VXLAN/EVPN, Packet capturing tools, TCP/IP, Linux, QoS, and IPv6.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably engineering related, or relevant work experience.
• Current industry certifications are preferred.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.