Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
Are you passionate about video? Do you love delivering impactful media playback experiences? Do you thrive on creating connections across teams to design and deliver elegant solutions to complex problems?
As a Media Solutions Architect, you will help architect and deliver the best in class video experience across all client platforms (browsers, mobile devices, OTT devices), pushing the envelope of what is technically possible with the most exciting content in the industry.
The Media Solutions Architect is responsible for the video playback engineering solution architecture and design, as well as integration and delivery for technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Media Solutions Architect to coordinate with engineering leaders from various media-related disciplines (video players, client applications, media delivery, encoding and packaging, provisioning, media services, content engineering, infrastructure, data/information, advertising) to define the most effective solution to business problems, while also leveraging their knowledge of existing systems and services and the capabilities available in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate should have deep video playback experience and knowledge across all platforms (mobile, web and OTT), and requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various software and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments and have experience with highly integrated and mission-critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is effective for each respective group.
Whether you're in New York or California we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry. In some cases, we are also open to remote employees.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• To work within a strong organization of video experts
• To work on a bleeding edge video player stack
• To work with a world-class team of engineers
• To work in a highly collaborative team environment
• To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
• Architect. Engineer. Designer. Innovator. Coordinator. Leader.
• Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering, QA teams, and product teams to deliver best in class Video Playback solutions.
• Translate media-focused requirements into practical, real-world solutions.
• Design and deliver media playback solutions, considering all involved systems and teams.
• Work closely with Media-focused Engineers to implement solutions that leverage existing and new system capabilities.
• Coordinate solution implementation efforts across Media-focused Engineering teams, including front-end client platforms, backend systems/teams, QA, QE, and others.
• Work closely with Product, EPM, Engineers, and other teams to ensure that business needs are fulfilled in an efficient and collaborative manner across all implementation teams.
• Work closely with EPM to ensure that all stakeholders are continuously informed throughout the design, build, and delivery of the project.
• 4+ years of video playback experience
• 4+ years of experience architecting and designing complex video playback solutions and experiences
• Deep knowledge of video streaming protocols (HLS and/or MPEG-DASH), video formats, audio formats, DRM implementations, timed text, in-stream metadata, video analytics, and DAI
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large engineering initiatives across various teams
• Strong technical knowledge across various client platforms, including Android, Apple, Desktop Web, Browser-based devices, Smart TVs, Set-top boxes, Chromecast, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, and other OTT devices
• Experience delivering distributed systems in production environments
• Required Knowledge of industry-standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
• Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
• Demonstrated skills in partnering with various architecture disciplines in software development
• Innovative ideas to reduce the overall cost of deliverables with improved quality and time to market
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task amongst several priorities
• Strong ability to influence without authority
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant industry experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp0qpe-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.