Senior Manager, Advanced Marketing Analytics
New York, NY
TWDC is deeply devoted to bringing enjoyable stories into the homes of millions of people worldwide, through Disney+. User Experience Research is at the heart of that goal, centering the voices of our customers in how we conceive, design and improve Disney+. We strive to understand what consumers think, feel and do so that we can delight them with innovative and fun storytelling experiences. We focus on empathy: understanding ''why'' people make the decisions they do when consuming our stories. We conduct the right research at the right time for the right problems. Our research strategically empowers our product and design teams to bring the best experiences to our customers.
The UX Research team is searching for an energetic, collaborative and organized Manager, UX Research to join our growing team here at Disney+. In addition to managing our relationships with vendors that scale our capabilities, you will also build, manage and scale our research operations function, working closely with research, product and design colleagues to ensure research progresses in the most optimal way.
• Build, manage and develop a team of research coordinators to support multiple offices and initiatives
• Own and manage a large global customer panel or community
• Liaison with our Legal and Privacy teams to ensure our recruiting process is compliant.
• Manage communications, schedules, NDA/consent forms and incentive payments.
• Ensure participants are qualified and prepared for each study, especially if Pre-study 'homework' or specific knowledge is required.
• Investigate, propose and implement new approaches, vendors and resources for sourcing participants and improving research operations.
• Manage the relationship with our research tool vendors, procuring new vendors where necessary
• Support UX Researchers at Disney by coordinating participants and logistics for user research studies
• Be a representative of Disney in public-facing situations to ensure a positive experience for our guests.
• Facilitate the engagement process for user research initiatives across DMED
• Be the go-to-person for participant sourcing and recruiting. Work with internal teams to recruit research participants from our databases.
• Work with external vendors to source appropriate participants based on researcher defined demographics and behavioral qualifications
• Collaborate other teams doing customer outreach to prevent redundancy and share best practices.
• Be a strong and vocal advocate for the customer, research at Disney and our research participants.
• Passionate about user research, user centered design, and customer service. Determined to provide guests participating in research with a great experience true to the Disney brand.
• Enjoy and excel at organizing complex processes with multiple stakeholders, moving pieces and timelines. Obsessed with the details that make everything run smoothly.
• Curious about people from all walks of life and effective in communicating with research participants from various backgrounds.
• Able to quickly adapt to unexpected changes to plans, conditions and requirements in an exciting innovative environment. Proactive in resolving issues that can come up in the planning and execution of a research plan.
• A strong ability to organize and keep various projects on track focusing on key outcomes amidst competing requests.
• Resourceful at solving problems, even if it means navigating through ambiguity
• Dependable; can count on you to follow through and get things done without direction but ask the right questions when you hit a roadblock.
• Enjoy collaborating with innovative thinkers across multiple disciplines, exploring the future of entertainment.
• 7+ years of experience in a senior or similar role including solid experience managing relationships with vendors, customer service and 2+ years managing a team.
• High level of experience with social media, research panel, and/or research community management and engagement
• Experience working with large UX teams including designers, researchers and/or strategists
• Experience in administrative duties, recruiting office management, project management, process improvement, customer service or related field
• Experience launching, managing and thought leading a research operations organization, managing user research facilities or labs
• Experience working with user research software and tools including: user databases and analytics platforms, remote user testing platforms, research documentation, scheduling and task management.
• Effective in building working relationships with managers across organizations.
• Experience connecting with colleagues across an organization in order to influence process improvements and change
• Bachelor's degree
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.