Lead Technical Project Manager
New York, NY
Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for an experienced Lead Technical Project Manager to join our expanding Technical Program Management team. As a Lead Technical Project Manager in the Mobile Engineering teams, you'll be responsible for partnering with Program and Engineering managers who are developing the video experiences for the Disney Streaming platform. You'll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, road mapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications. You will help ensure our teams are aligned with the product roadmap and deliver best-in-class consumer applications for all of our products.
• Develops a program plan consisting of parallel projects and multiple project managers that collectively produce work that has significant business impact
• Capable of establishing technical milestones for a team to frame large-scale project planning and delivery
• Accountable for driving execution and delivery of high-profile product or software development programs and work-streams from start to finish
• Forecasts program risks proactively analyzes and communicates prioritized mitigation plans to stakeholders
• Understands all program domain components, including architecture tools and deployment practices that development team is employing; can explain the purpose of component decisions at a high level
• Responsible for all program communication, risk escalation, decisions made/pending to all program stakeholders including executive leadership
• Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
• Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
• Lead a team (1-2 directs) of highly motivated Technical Project Managers, while being detail-oriented and hands-on
• Actively coach and mentor team members in agile practices, and support their career development; Lead by example and build trust
• 8+ years experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology, or product launches in the consumer software industry
• Experience developing and iterating process development, and change management to drive adoption within large organizations.
• In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
• Extensive experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the ''go-to'' individual
• Excellent communication skills - written and oral
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Extensive experience working with remote and global teams
• Experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
• Possess a strong understanding of application development, API transactions, and repository processes
• Experience with industry-standard project management tools such as Jira as well as collaboration tools such as Confluence and Slack
• Ability and willingness to problem solve, prioritize, negotiate and juggle changing deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun
• Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1773-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.