Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Disney+ is changing entertainment. Our mission is simply to build high-quality, innovative experiences that connect people with the content they love. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media, and to work specifically on Disney+, which just celebrated its first year in-market. The design team has a pivotal role in the development of the product, giving form to new ideas that continuously improve and evolve Disney+ for our viewers.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will focus on the total content discovery and playback experience.
You are a primary individual contributor and leader of project teams, innovating on a variety of UX features that showcase our world-class content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. As such, the role requires a rock solid foundation in visual design, branded experiences, presentation design, and storytelling.
The role reports to the Senior Director of Design in San Francisco, and you will be a part of a dynamic product design team that spans San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Amsterdam.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
• Conceive, create, and supervise inspiring, high-quality content experiences across a wide variety of platforms/devices.
• Follow a user-centered, evidence-backed, design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals. We listen to our viewers, and let their needs guide us to the best solutions.
• Lead as a subject matter expert for the rest of the design team, providing design guidance, documenting and socializing best practices
• Provide thought leadership to develop the right design strategy, and use UX methodologies to bring value to the user and the business
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of device platform best practices and guidelines.
• Adhere to and help shape our design system and brand guidelines, ensuring a high-level of quality, establishing a consistent look and feel throughout the product, and only diverging when the need is validated
• Collaborate with peers in research, product, engineering, and marketing on cross-functional projects from start to finish.
• 10+ years experience as a designer working on consumer products.
• A high level of creative craftsmanship, translating strategies, theories and design principles into inspiring concepts and successful executions.
• A strong interest in visual storytelling, and an innate curiosity about people and their relationship to entertainment.
• The discipline to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs, adept at removing roadblocks and rebalancing as needed.
• A growth mindset - you see opportunity in ambiguity.
• Comfort in scaling and as needed, ability to recruit talent that meet and exceed the DSS talent bar.
• A sense of determination - leading product development with new ideas based on a strong sense of our customers, their goals, our content, and our value proposition.
• An ease in presenting design work to a variety of audiences.
• A passion for evolving the design practice – its people, processes, and tools.
• Experience with various design tools - Sketch, Abstract, Invision, prototyping tools.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqonbz-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.